ACE system capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

ayavner

I know someone (I think Mike) told me this once, but I cannot seem to find the capacity for changing out the fluid in the ACE system. I remember Valvoline powersynth was recommended, but I can't find the capacity in the owner's manual or on the RAVE CD.

anyone?

thanks!

D

discomike

Yes, I t was me. So you're about to do the ACE thing, this is good.
You can't really go by the capacity because you don't want to drain it, but you will need 2 qts. if you change it the way I suggested.
Mike J.

A

ayavner

excellent, thanks again Mike. Yeah, now things are starting to cool off a bit I get start getting all these things done. Ordered the ACE filter, just waiting on that. Oh yeah, did you say I could change out the P/S fluid using the same technique? Is there a filter for that as well? Thanks Mike!

D

discomike

Yes, use the same method. The steering is much easier and faster becasue there is less fluid to replace.
Are you going to use some Lusac power steering stop leak on both, should if you can, one bottle for each.
Take care,
Mike J.

A

ayavner

well i couldn't find the lucas stuff so i got the valvoline stuff that said it had leak stop and conditioner included - hope that will be OK? also, for fuel treatment, the guy at the store recommended the B-12 (?) or something? Anyone used that? they didn't have the lucas or sea foam as far as I could tell.

A

ayavner

Oh, and also Mike... when I do the job as you described, do I change out the ACE filter first then do the fluids, or fluids first then change filter, then top off?

D

discomike

Yes, change the filter first then work your way thru the fluid change. Napa usually has the SeaFoam and most of the high line dealers have the B&G in their parts dept.
Mike J.

A

ayavner

Thnk that other stuff will be OK to use, or should i just dump that in the Civic and go get some sea foam?

D

discomike

The B-12 stuff is sorta OK, nothing special. Hey use it now and get some SeaFoam when you can.
Mike J

A

ayavner

that's what i'll do then, thanks again. I am keeping mileage records with each fillup, will update if i see any improvement over the next few after this one... So far, since I have been keeping records, and my driving patterns are very consistent, Shell mid-grade seems to be a full 1/2 mpg over any others I have tried. Haven't tried Chevron yet.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo