Advice needed for 2003 Disco se7 Power steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atldisco03

Reaction score
Ok quick question... I understand that there are prob post similar but am still getting used to using this platform.

I have a 03 disco II se7 and 3 days ago all of my PS fluid started bubbling out of the top of the reservoir and leaking from the bottom. I looked under the hood and took the cap off and it looked like bubbles were on top and like it had been getting air in the system. It was easy to turn the wheel then it would tighten up and then loosen and tighten up again. Later that day there was no more fluid reservoir as it had all leaked out.

I do not want to bring it to a shop because I know they will try to hit me over the head with the price. But have not been able to find a LR tech who does independent freelance work here in Atlanta.

I ended up taking it in to a shop and they stated I needed a new PS pump.

I went ahead and got it replaced yesterday and put new fluid in.

I can steer easily but when turning left at times it will still tighten and then loosen again. Also, the disco sounds loud at times when accelerating (a whining noise) and turning although turning is easy 98% of the time.

I called the tech and they stated it may take a day or two for the noise to go away, but this still does not explain why when turning left sometimes it tightens for a split sec until you turn through it and then it loosens.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

All the best,

Antonio

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Without putting it up on a lift to see what the issue is, this could be anything for a air bubble in the system to a bad spot in the PS rack.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo