After breifly disconnecting my battery, my Land Rover Discovery wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian891

Reaction score
Last night after getting back from four wheeling in my rover, I noticed my four way flashers were on...so, as a fix, I decided to mpdisconnect my battery. After reconnecting it, I noticed that the four way flashers had stopped flashing!
Eager to jump in and go trailing again the next day, I went to start it...and NOTHING.
I tried several different procedures INCLUDING locking and unlocking the drivers side door 3 times. None of the door locks work automatically.. ONLY when you manually pick EACH one up. Normally when I push or pull up on the door lock, all of the door locks respond...now, they do ABSOLUTLY nothing.

Please give me a call or reply if you have any clue how to fix this! (631) 965-8776

THANKS GUYS!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for you issue posting and this has been a bit today...

First item... the four ways were because the fuel cut off/safety switch was activated... This info is for the D1

FUEL CUT-OFF SWITCH
The fuel cut-off switch is a safety device
which, in the event of a collision or sudden
impact, automatically cuts off the fuel supply
to the engine.
The switch is located in the engine
compartment on the bulkhead. After an
impact, the switch must be reset by pressing
the rubber top (arrowed in illustration) before
the engine can be restarted.

Second you say it did nothing... sounds like the battery may be dead.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brian,
Saw your thread on another forum and will be calling you this morning.

smoverstreet

Reaction score
Hey, fellas. I'm new, and not to threadjack, but what was the fix for the door locks Brian? I have the same issue but have not yet jumped into that fix. I was planning on introducing myself officially, but I'm at work and need to get back. However let me just say a quick Hello to all! Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whartonlax