After short drive she won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splicer

Reaction score
I have a 2008 LR2 that runs great but after a short drive to the hardware store it won't start until I short the battery cables for a few seconds. When trying to start before shorting cables after inserting the fob, there is no activity at all. No click or any noise from the starter. After shorting cables it starts right up and will run fine until the next trip. I suspect an ECU problem but not sure. Is it an easy swap to replace an ECU or are there some other things needed when doing this?

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any warning messages that come up when you try to start the vehicle?

If I remember correctly, there's an ignition lock out module in the steering column that goes bad. It prevents the car from starting.

splicer

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, got busy with life!
The only message is steering column locked and low washer fluid.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok.
There's a module on the steering column that needs to be replaced.

Send me your Vin # and I'll get you the part #.

splicer

Reaction score
A lot of times the fob won't eject unless I smack the shifter a time or two, then the let's on either side of it light up and then it will eject. Not sure if that would be the modual or if there is an adjustment or part needed for the shift linkage.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72