Air Compressor Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frazierr

Reaction score
Just got my '06 LR3 back from the dealer for my last "free" maintenance. I asked them about the noise also, seems louder than I remember....and kicking in more than it used to. They said it wasn't leaking, but that I did have a cracked compressor cover. Only wanted $600 to replace that - ha! I'm looking around for the part, figure I can do that one myself.

Trynian

Reaction score
Just got my '06 LR3 back from the dealer for my last "free" maintenance. I asked them about the noise also, seems louder than I remember....and kicking in more than it used to. They said it wasn't leaking, but that I did have a cracked compressor cover. Only wanted $600 to replace that - ha! I'm looking around for the part, figure I can do that one myself.

Are you sure? The plastic compressor cover is only $40, I checked on one the other day from the dealer.

To have the aluminum compressor mount purchased and replaced is $300 for parts and labor from the dealer, I did that a few months back.

They must be talking about something else.

Last edited:

frazierr

Reaction score
Nope, he told me the compressor was fine, just had a cracked cover and that was why it was so loud. Said it would be roughly $500 - 550 to replace. Said if I didn't replace it the compressor would bump around and get damaged. It sounded outrageously expensive to me, so I wanted to check into it further. Does the mount need to be replaced along with the cover? I think i'll call them back to clarify. Makes me mad, they are so far away from my house.....would have rather had it all done at once.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he is talking about the mounts and cover. i THINK MINE WAS 3-400 BUCKS.
I cracked my mounts and cover a year ago the tire shop thought it was a good place to put the jack.
Just get the pars and do it yourself it shoud be a piece of cake

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I beleve Trynian got the prices from his dealer.
Check different dealers I have found VERY different prices for parts from various dealers.

Trynian

Reaction score
I beleve Trynian got the prices from his dealer.
Check different dealers I have found VERY different prices for parts from various dealers.

Yes those prices were from the dealer. I should of done the mount myself as it is realy easy. There is one hard to get to bolt up high on the mount but patience will get it done.

If they said your comp could bounce around then as Drzjoint said it must have been the mount also as the cover is just that, a cover.

The $40 was for the lower comp cover only. I forget what the mount was, I think that $300 was mostly labor.

vladyshka13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing. If you noticed, after you park your car and lock all doors, the suspension is lowering automatically for easer access. And after you star a car it’s just brining the suspension back to a normal height.

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same Thing Happened to Me

he is talking about the mounts and cover. i THINK MINE WAS 3-400 BUCKS.
I cracked my mounts and cover a year ago the tire shop thought it was a good place to put the jack.
Just get the pars and do it yourself it shoud be a piece of cake

So you're saying your LR dealership quoted you $300 - $400 to replace the mount(s) and cover? This just happened to me over the weekend (Jan 24, 09) - was your '05 LR3 out of warranty when it happened to you? Did you try to have the dealership fix it under warranty? Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge