Air suspension problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I do my best to help when needed.

B

BrettSanDiego

I'm disappointed, Mrossfly. Giving up the fight so easily. :) I wouldn't be allowed to change to springs. My wife must have the car lowered before she will exit, and the air suspension is a nice party trick.

Brett

M

Mrossfly

Sorry to dissapoint however...Range Rover will be moving to New Orleans with my son in collage (roads are terrible there) and I plan to buy a new LR3 to keep the wife and myself happy.

R

RovnP38

BrettSanDiego said:
I hear what sounds like a flap loudly closing and opening at random times coming from under the dash.

I'd like to know what this sound is also...

bonnettoboot

Reaction score
Look and see which corner drops, usually only one will leak, then spray soapy water around the bag and pipes to see where it is leaking,

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anybody experienced crazy amounts of squeaking from the P38 suspension. I can't tell whether it's coming from the control arms or the airbags themselves. It does it after driving over a mile. Does it also when parked and changing the supsension level.
Help.

shupack

Reaction score
EAS repair.

Mrossfly said:
as of this writing there is no known solution for this other than to replace the $800 valve block.

Not True! you can rebuild your vavle block with $14 worth of orings, including the non-return valves. I've found that even with a rebuilt block the tank will empty if the "self leveling gremlin" drops you to the bumps. Havn't figured out why but I don't think it's leaking non-returns. They will give you other problems, like rising for no reason while the compressor is running, then leveling back down, and rising again. It's like watching a slow dance

It's also not true about the cost of parts (as long as you don't go to the dealer) Everything that wears out can be replaced for less than $600, and you get to keep the most unique feature of the RR. Classic and p38

I'm affraid I'm too late to save this rangie from castration.....

strutmastr

Reaction score
What has probably happened is you got a hole or cracks in your airbag. Dealerships and mechanics typically diagnoses it as the compressor but that is only to keep you coming back and wasting more money on something that will never truly be fixed. Both the airbag and the compressor are the problem. The compressor has to work extra hard because it is like blowing up a balloon with a hole in it. Therefor the airbag will **** the compressor. I would recommend going to strutmasters.com and taking a look at our conversion kits. these convert you from the airbag to a powder coated American made steel coil spring that is guaranteed to last the life of the car. This is a PERMANENT fix. I added the link below so you can check it out.

http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover-suspension-parts-s/21.htm

I hope I was of some help

Good Luck!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72