Airspring problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubbs

Reaction score
I have a 2000 LR Disco II. I put in new airsprings yesterday and they are worse than the old set. One side is completely defalated. The compressor works and there are no air leaks in the new airsprings. What could be my issue? Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not certain about the D2, but on my RR when I replaced the bags, I also replaced ALL the "O"rings @ each connection, it worked perfectly

I don't know if the D2 uses the same setup, but the "o"rings were $1.60/doz @ my hardware store (16 needed) for four wheels
(yours are rear only)

I think they were $0.75/ea @ dealer
The compressor wear from running so much is another issue, but if your's pumps up within 60sec or so, you're probably fine.

luck,greg

Dubbs

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check the O-rings out. I can't hear any air leaking along the lines anywhere. Maybe I'm a little def. I'll have to get another set of ears. I'll have my brother take a listen.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check the O-rings out. I can't hear any air leaking along the lines anywhere. Maybe I'm a little def. I'll have to get another set of ears. I'll have my brother take a listen.
Put a bit of washing up liquid in a cup with some water, enough so it's pretty soapy. Then take a brush and dab it on the air line joints. Any leaks will blow bubbles.
If you're married, don't use one of the good china cups. :biggrin:

Dubbs

Reaction score
I'll try that one. Thanks "antichrist". Hopefully I figure this out soon. We're down to one vehicle and my wife is a terrible driver. I'm affraid she might **** my truck.... God help me, or Satan help me (that's for you antichrist).

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
did you pinch the line off at the air bag mount... remember the line goes over and then down... also did you disconnect at the pump area, if so check to make sure you have it screwed in correctly.

Dubbs

Reaction score
O.K. Now the compressor doesn't turn on... I turned over the engine and shut the doors. Then unscrewed one of the air lines....and....nothing. No hissing of any kind.
Is there a way to reset it, or check to make sure it is broken? I don't want to cough up the dough for that unless I have to. Also, is there a fuse that could be blown and cutting power to the air compressor? I really need some help. I'm down to one car while the rover is sitting on it's rear axle.

Dubbs

Reaction score
I tried the soap and water. No leaks in the lines. O.K. Now the compressor doesn't turn on... I turned over the engine and shut the doors. Then unscrewed one of the air lines....and....nothing. No hissing of any kind.
Is there a way to reset it, or check to make sure it is broken? I don't want to cough up the dough for that unless I have to. Also, is there a fuse that could be blown and cutting power to the air compressor? I really need some help. I'm down to one car while the rover is sitting on it's rear axle.

Dubbs

Reaction score
I've tried to reply 5 times. It keeps messing up.

Anyways... I tried the soap and water thing. I have no leaks on the air lines, or bags. I did however notice that now my compressor is not working. Is there a fuse that could short it out, or some other way of checking to make sure it is in fact dead? Maybe a nice little reset button? I'm getting desperate with this suspension issue.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why it stopped your posts, but I approved them in case there was more info...

Check fuse #28 under the steering wheel.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635