Alignment with Coopers...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Zeons 285/60 for a while now, I went to the dealers the other day in order to do the alignment....well I was told that because of the tire size and the thread design they are unable to attach their alignment equipement and the only way to do it would be to swap set of wheels with stock tires from another LR3 and do the alignment???????
with an extra cost of course.....
I have never heard of such a problem?????

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have michelin 285-60-18 and the dealer aligned them with no problems

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have the specs for alignment always in my car, the thread on zeons protrudes a bit, yet ..I guess this dealermust have only the "city" version of alignment equipement since I had been aligning wheels on my jeeps with some biggies on them...I will do it elsewhere..I guess...

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you got your Coopers at a good shop, they should be able to do it for you at a discount to what you'd pay at a dealer anyway. I found that the Coopers, being so big and heavy (~50 lbs each), were harder to get balanced right the first time I had them put on. America's Tire was great about redoing it 3 times to get it right. Haven't needed an alignment adjustment yet though.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want your alignment done with your tires not oem go somewhere else

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't you supposed to "lock" the suspension via dealer's computer to get proper alignment?

ChuckD

buddaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought so to. thats what my land rover service rep told me

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the dealer or shop doing your alignment should put the truck into "tight tolerance" mode, prior to performing the alignment. Some shops actually outsource the alignments to a local shop, so you may ask your dealer if they do.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well what is the "tight tolerance" ??? I know the new specs...what else is different from the routine alignment????

Place vehicle in "tight tolerance"
mode using IDS and align suspension
geometry
57.65.04 1.80 W6 ALGN4W

Normal warranty policy and procedures apply.
REPAIR PROCEDURE
ALIGN SUSPENSION GEOMETRY

1. If the vehicle has Electronic Air Suspension (EAS), refer to Technical Bulletin LA204-007, connect IDS to the vehicle and place the Electronic Air Suspension (EAS), into "tight tolerance" geometry setting mode.

TOE ADJUSTMENT
TARGET
SPECIFICATIONS
(decimal degrees)
Front total toe + 0.03
Left-hand rear toe + 0.18
Right-hand rear toe + 0.18
Rear total toe + 0.36

Last edited:

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..still do not get it why the LR dealer could not do it with 285/60 Zeons and non LR shop would be able to do the alignment??????

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo