Am i confused?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plugged my VIN into topix

Engine: 5.0L OHC SGDI NA V8 GAS- AJ133
Transmission: 6 SPD AUTO TRANS ZF 6HP28
CAB style: 5 DOOR
Series: 5.0 V8 NA PETROL SERIES
Drive: 4 WHL L/H FULL TIME DRIVE
Colour: IPANEMA SAND
Trim: INTERIOR SATIN BLK WLNT VENEER

HSE SALES BADGE

I see no HSE badge... but I have all the options of an HSE LUX ... I think ...

And im color blind and all but im pretty sure that aint SATIN BLACK?

wb4q.jpg

t4cr.jpg

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure what year you have. I have heard certain years do not have HSE badge even though it is HSE package. I have 2010 and I have HSE badge.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 (but i think it was an early one)...

Warranty start date:
01-Oct-2009

So maybe it was early? boo =( haha

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, my 2013 HSE Lux with Arabica leather interior also shows as having an INTERIOR SATIN BLK WLNT VENEER trim on Topix (although they got the exterior, carpet, fascia, and even contrast stitching colors right... go figure.) Mine came with the black design pack - with only a black LR4 badge in the back, no HSE or HSE Lux badging - and Topix correctly states "Less Sales Badge", "LR4 Black badge" and "Less Trunk Badge" in the specs.

Perhaps with Satin Black they are describing the color of infotainment, climate control, shifter and Terrain Response surrounds... In which case we all have a satin black finish.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there were a few they had without the "HSE" badge (regardless of trim level). There is a 2012 LR4 here at work and he has the Lux package, but only has the LR4 badge. As Umberto says above, those with the 2013 black design package only get the LR4 badge, though I added a cool G4 Expedition Sticker where the HSE would go - lined it up to match the location of the LR4 - looks great. It matches nicely the black and red of the tail lights. I also have the OEM G4 stickers under the parking lights. I will take a photo, but here is what it looks like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-...es&hash=item4ac5aca7a9&vxp=mtr#ht_1982wt_1403

I think if you have the black design package, you can buy the HSE badging in black online. Or, if you want to go the Range Rover Sport route, you can buy that badge that says HSE Luxury - it would look cool with the black design package. Here is an example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-Range...es&hash=item53f98e0ea3&vxp=mtr#ht_2312wt_1403

I actually have the glossy black "V8" and "Discovery 4" badges from the UK that I never used, so I wonder if it would look cool with "Discovery" maybe below the LR4? Don't want to make it look too busy, as right now looks great with the LR4 and G4 badge.

-David

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At one point I really wanted to replace LR4 with Discovery 4, but ive changed my mind. The simplicity of LR4 on one side and HSE on the other... and its balanced.

I've made it busy enough with the rack/ladder/sliders.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i just wish i could find the HSE badge in the trim color of the LR4 on my car...

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At one point I really wanted to replace LR4 with Discovery 4, but ive changed my mind. The simplicity of LR4 on one side and HSE on the other... and its balanced.

I've made it busy enough with the rack/ladder/sliders.
I tend to agree with you, though it's tempting. Since I have the black pack, only having the LR4 emblem was a bit off for my OCD mind. The G4 Expedition decal is just about the same size as the LR4 badge and really matches everything quite well - definitely balances things out and looks cool. I may play around with my "Discovery 4" and "V8" badges, but likely going to keep what I have in the back.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea i just wish i could find the HSE badge in the trim color of the LR4 on my car...
Do you mean the silver? You should be able to order one. Actually, I think I have my old silver trim HSE badge, let me check when I get home as I have a bag full of letters! :) I may be thinking of some chrome lettering, but I might have it in silver.

Agarabaghi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, its the very standard darker silver ... pretty much the one that comes on every model =P

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112