Ambient Temperature Guage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ambient temperature gauge on the dash of my 05 LR3 has suddenly (after I had the suspension compressor replaced) begun reading truly preposterously high temperatures.

Two questions: (1) where is the gauge so I can see if it is covered in something (or otherwise physically looks messed up); and (2) if I choose to live with it awhile, does any LR3 circuitry rely on its output for anything?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How high? My guage occasionally displays 5-10 degrees above actual outside temps on very hot days. Then the cooling fan kicks on and it settles down closer to reality.

Taken on a 98 degree day:

107.jpg

Last edited:

OffRoving

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the heat this weekend an my ambient was low. It was over 100 out but the gauge said [even after 3 hours of sitting in the sun] 64! I too would like to know where the sensor is so I can check to see if it's covered in mud or something else which could be causing this.

TempGoff.jpg

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look too difficult

Attachments

• lr3 at pic 01.jpg
    lr3 at pic 01.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 63
  • lr3 at pic 02.jpg
    lr3 at pic 02.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 64

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was worth a try but mine isn't located in that spot!!! And it is intermittently wonky!! Screw holes are empty and I don't even see the wire harness connector for it..

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm? Mine is right there. Easy to see thru the grill.

bscmich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is yours?

06 SE. Actually, mine isn't mounted exactly as the pic indicates. There is no bracket. The harness is attached by some ties but in the same location across the top and in front of the radiator.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink