Annoying noise from seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
non-sense, just hang your feet out the sunroof and...well ok, I see your point. could you rig a video camera or do you have any children willing to make a $1?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does it too. It's the lower seat part of the seat. I can push down on it while driving, even just a gentle pressure, and it goes away. I think a dab of grease where the back of the seat rests on the metal supports will deal with it.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '05 HSE made a horrible racket from the area between the passenger side and middle second row seats. It was the black plastic trim that covers the the hinge for the back and "seat" of the seat. I glued some furniture felt to the opposing faces. Problem solved.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes kwlr3..pics please! Would love to see the part you are talking about.. and Drzjoint.. pics please of you deploying duct tape on SWMBO...

dantheman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll third the notion. The annoying rattle has been there for almost 2 years now and the dealer still says they cannot replicate. Is there also a bolt or something we can tighten to prevent them from shaking so much? Pics of any of y'alls solution would really help.

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm computer illiterate and can't figure out how to load and modify pictures from my new Mac onto this forum. Here goes a description of what I did to fix the rattle. this applies to a 7 passenger version with a rattle from the passenger side middle row seat.

1. lift the passenger seat as if to let someone into the third row seats. Looking at the "top" of the now folded upright seat, locate the the thin plastic cover that hides the hinge next to the middle seat. This hinge is the one behind the seat belt clasp. This plastic piece is very thin and if you tap it or "flick" it you might duplicate the annoying sound.

2. Cut a piece of furniture leg felt or window weatherstripping. about 3/4" x 3/4" x1/8" thick. Gently push the trim away from the seat and stick in your dampening material.

3. Gently tap all of the plastic trim on all the hinges. Don't spare your dampening material.

I hope this works for you. As I rarely listen to the radio (old habit from being a long time British sports car owner) I hate any irregular sounds. It took several months to track this one down and every once in a while I find a new place to put some weatherstripping but by and large, I wining the war on rattles.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kwlr3.. actually, before I posted my complaint I did the EXACT thing that you just described on my middle row, driver side seat. I placed some foam in between the plastic and the metal. But when the sound continued, I thought that wasnt the problem. Now.. perhaps the sound is coming from the passenger side. I will give it a try. My big problem is that I should get someone to drive it when Im in the back seat...but I always forget..because whenever I have rear passengers, the sound goes away. Out of sight (or hearing) out of mind.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo