Annoying Rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeMazzio

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to thank everyone on this Forum for all the posts. I have had several vehicles and have yet to see this kind of almost "Family Atmosphere". Joey, I can't thank you enough.

Anyway, 02 D2 here and I have had annoying rattle for several days. I went underneath and starting from the tailpipe worked my way back. Stern banging on the pipes with an open hand I could hear the rattle, shortly after the muffler there is a HEATSHIELD. It's welded in place in 2 spots. Mine had cracked off on one of the welds. Using some muffler tape (I think regular duct tape would melt) I secured the heatshield. ****! no more Rattle. I had the confidence to do this because of this forum. Thanks All and I hope this helps someone.

Joe in Chicago

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Joe.... There is almost nothing you can't do on a Rover if you are willing to get your hands dirty... you should see my garage right not... my rover is in repair mode... Been sitting there for 4 days now, and been working 4 hours a day on it... hopefully getting it done in time to go off roading this weekend.

Maddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joey is wrong: he doesn't go off roading he goes off mudding. And from the looks of his vehicle with the windows down as half the mud is in the cab!!!! Joey if you go mudding please remember to either keep your wheels straight away whilst rooster tailing mud or roll the windows up!!!!!!!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL Maddie... I also go off roading... I just prefer my windows down... a little mud never hurt no one... I just need to remember to roll them up if I think I am going to get stuck.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac