any EAS work-arounds...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtimer24

Reaction score
Hi there,

Is there a way to raise my 98 RR 4.0 maually in order to drive it to the stealership to have them reset the EAS. I have the max 35 mph and Eas Fault going. I'm going to atempt to replace the rear air springs today since one of them is sagging. (Might as well do both.) Once installed, I still have the problem of getting the air springs inflated. Any ideas...?

Thanks in advance

Bigtimer24

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I am not sure of any work around other than the EAS replacement kit that you can buy, but this is if you remove the EAS and use springs.

tgvas

Reaction score
Grab an EAS Buddy Box, it worked twice for me, it resets everything in the EAS and allows you to start over again, at least with my problem which was as follows.

1995 Range Rover P38 - Winter cold to -12 over night, wind, snow, right front air bag bottom stuck to base when waking the RR up, right away I knew something was wrong, then the BEEP BEEP BEEP

It Immediately got me up to ride hieght, but that one bag told the system, something was wrong, shut down, went into a hard fault, dropped the left front down to be even with the sticking right front bag, and for 3 days my rear was wey up and front was nearly on the bump stops.

Then I barrowed one of these Buddy Boxes.

BTW: I have new air bags, pump, etc as of 2008.

Anyway, plugged the EAS Buddy in, it reset the system, working flawlessly now.

I got onlime ad ordered one for myself to keep with the car.

I of course went right to my mechanic after the first time, he checked it all over, put it on the system, everything checked out.

Now I can not wait till us owners can one day get our hands on a system like the one I for for my Audi, Vagcom, so we don't need the Dealer.

bonnettoboot

Reaction score
Eas

This is my first post and I have a question but I thought i could help first. It is sometimes possible to raise the vehicle not the axles rear then front, and get it to pump up. Other wise if you have to drive it I suggest lowering the tyre pressures to about 20psi.

bigtimer24

Reaction score
Re: any EAS work-arounds.....

Well I ended up making a OBD II cable to hook up to my laptop. A friend gave me a copy of some software to run to reset the EAS (which I found by doing goggle search). It worked like a charm. I've since replaced the rear air springs which had a bad leak. Dry rot was the problem with one, but if your going to do the job best to do it once and **** two birds with one stone.

Thanks for the help everyone..

Bigtimer24

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM