ANy one installed Sill Protectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer's service Department just told me about a "killer" deal they have going on the Sill Protectors which I will be buying ASAP, the part number is EBN500041. They look very nice and I believe are necessry, especially for someone who has kids and does not have or intends to buy the super large side steps.

Does anyone have any experience with these?

Last edited:

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sill protectors bolt to the body, yes? Wouldn,t that just cause the sheet metal to bent when an object (say . . . a rock :biggrin:) is hit?:help:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...those are the stainless steel "tread plates" and won't offer you any protection whatsoever. May look cool though...?

Trynian

Reaction score
I think they just help keep from scuffing the paint up as much on the door sill when you get in and out of the car.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya . . . just looked them up . . . look pretty darn nice, think it's more urban proection/step

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you intend to go off roading, please take them off. They reduce your breakover angle and ground clearance, and are not structurally sound enough to lean the vehicle upon without bending your body panels.

Trynian

Reaction score

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Trynian, that is exactly what I was looking for, I got a set yesterday because the dealer had a set for 50% off, which still ended up costing $214, it will be my first accessory for the LR3 . . . This will hide some of the scuffs and chips the car already has, they are heavy stainless steel item and look very well made. Will post photos once I am done.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure did, they are already installed and they definitely add a touch of class to the car . . . I will post photos once I figure out how the heck to do it. If it is as easy as another forum I use for another car, I will post them in a couple of days' time.

Happy New Year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo