Anyone going to the LR National Rally from SE US area?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Right now, I'm thinking about it but need to act soon.
Is the event that special for me to drive for 3 days and 2,500 miles to Breckenridge from South Florida? Since I don't have the opportunity to drive on mountain terrain on a regular basis, I think it will be awesome! However, is it possible for a mostly stock LR3 with a locking rear differential, to take on most trails without rock sliders and sump guard? Or should I invest in both or one over the other? I'll take recovery gear, portable air, and full spare tire.

I'm open to advice- for gear and especially for those who've participated in the past. thanks.

Skunkape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out a few websites Colorado4x4.org and traildamage.com for lots of information on trails in Co. I do some moderate trails with a stock LR3 w/ HD pacakage and have heard a few scrapes here and there nothing too bad. But what I have found is most trails are marked and the tougher obstacles are often optional with other easier ways to get through or around.

I would say rock sliders and sump protection are not required to have a great time. Good tires are more inportant in dry, rocky conditions out here.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested. What dates will the even be held? We're actually moving from Orlando Fl. to Thornton Co. (Just north of Denver) this month.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to google land rover national rally 2011, tell you in a second

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
August 2nd through August 6th. Man, that was easy...

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I looked it up earlier today. :/ Bummed because our move date is August 13th....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635