Anyone have this problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald

Reaction score
I am new to this forum but not new to Range Rovers...this is my second one. Great SUV although I have a weird problem maybe someone has some ideas on....

My radio/nav screen just displays the Land Rover logo and the orange volume button just blinks. This just started yesterday shortly after going through the car wash. I noticed the volume would cut out for a few seconds now and then the week before the car wash. It has not rained here so the car wash might not be related. I cannot find any water in the rear boot areas where the amp and other equipment is.

I have read about this problem but no real answer. I tried disconnecting the battery and also checked the connections and find nothing loose in the amplifier area.

Any ideas? Anyone run into this?

Donald
2005 HSE
Dallas, Texas

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pull the plug on the back of the radio and use a hair dryer to dry the plugs... Sounds too simple but I suspect water came in at the bottom of the windscreen and got into the plugs and wires. Or you can wait and let it dry but you will have a corrosion problem later.

Check for a water leak at the bottom of the windscreen, get out a hose and gush water over the winscreen and get inside and wait for it to emerge.

supa_man_822

Reaction score
NAV/RADIO out

Mine just started to do the same thing today.I have a 2006 RRS HSE I am in the Pacific Northwest and yes it rains a lot, but this morning I started the truck and the RR logo would not go away,plus the stereo works, but no volume... DROVE HOME WITH NAV/RADIO..sucked. Any other advice or remedies before I have to make a trip to the dealership

LandRvrTech

Reaction score
Physically pull the connectors out of the amplifier. You may not actually see water on or around the connectors, but if there has been water leaking there, the pins on the amp and the terminals at the end of the connectors will have a green corrosion on them. I have also had many full size Range Rovers come in for a very similar problem, and they have all needed new phone modules that interrupt the MOST network.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM