Anyone seen the new Grand Cherokee?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a commercial came on tonight advertising the new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and during a brief moment of the ad I noticed that it had a terrain response look-a-like dial behind the gear lever and so I decided to do a little research... It seems that Jeep has decided to almost copy the Land Rover mentality/design by utilizing a four corner independent air suspension coupled with their "terrain-select" program and hill descent assist... Kinda funny, just thought I'd share my discovery.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be considering one when the LR is paid off!

Last edited:

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give them a few model years to get it right (use quality parts) or give up...

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford doesn't bug me, hell they helped with ours.

I still prefer the direct connection to the Xfer case VIA levers...

Last edited:

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've actually grown to like the electronic transfer case, my buddy has a JK and it just requires more finesse than needed to get it in 4HI/4LO... Don't get me wrong I love manual stuff, I'd much rather have a manual parking break than an electric one, for instance. I just like the smoothness of our electric one

Last edited:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The company that Ford outsourced the TR Control system to is the same company Jeep tapped to develop the TC system in the JK Wrangler. I assume its the same company that provided the system for the new Grand. It's all good.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The company that Ford outsourced the TR Control system to is the same company Jeep tapped to develop the TC system in the JK Wrangler. I assume its the same company that provided the system for the new Grand. It's all good.
That's good to hear! So, LR's, Ford's and Jeeps should all be relatively trustworthy. Depending on parts used. I'd hope that the air suspension holds up to abuse, though. The Discovery bags had issues, but the LR3's seem solid.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo