Anyone using 285/60/18 BFG AT KO2s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
That....and an IIDTool is a better investment for lifting (and other functions) than the Johnson Rods.

Is the IIDTool the best solution for a modest full-time lift as opposed to the various rods on the market? I just read up a little on the IIDTool and I can see it being very handy in general, but it was unclear to me if it would calibrate the suspension to a higher setting full-time? Some comments I read gave me the impression that it was temporary.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not temporary. You can adjust the suspension and save that setting. After that, you can choose the original setting or the new saved setting, and leave it there.

In fact there are 3 saved settings available. I only really use one. Honestly there is just no good reason to use a modified-rod lift anymore. (except for the people who's Rovers are calibrated such that they need both the rod-mod and the IIDTool)

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
I love the idea of this. Clearly I haven't been paying attention for a while. Thanks for catching me up!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, no problem-o. There is ONE other scenario in which having modified rods makes sense, and that is the one in which your cruise control switches fail and you can't interact with your IIDTool and need to either lift or lower.

dthomp87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which tire size did you end up going with? Could we see some pics? Im considering those same ones

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635