Are these OEM or > Quality Brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brembo - high carbon rotors. Hawk ceramic pads.

No brake dust. No fading on quick stops. Quiet as can be.

I probably went overboard on my change from OEM, but I did it myself in my garage with some beers, so I still came out ahead of going to Land Rover!

Scott

What wheels are you using with the Brembos?

I'm @27k miles and maybe the pads just need replacing, but stopping power leaves something to be desired.
Can the brembo calipers be used with the stock rotors?

And does your setup make a noticeable difference?

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Brembo setup from a RRS will not fit on an LR4, without some forethought. You need to change the entire hub/knuckle assembly, then buy the appropriate caliper, rotor, and pads. All said and done you are 2-3k into without significantly higher stopping power. I have researched this to no end, because I thought it would be an awesome upgrade. Good pads and rotors will greatly increase the braking efficiency of a LR4. No need to reinvent the whole system.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

backcountryLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Thanks!

When it comes time to replace pads or rotors, i'll just be sure to upgrade those. Worth getting slotted rotors?

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run the EBC sport rotors (slotted and dimpled) not sure if they help. But they don't hurt, and they look a lot better than OEM

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up going with Hawk LTS pads with EBC standard rotors. I was comparing slotted/drilled as I've always had them on my vehicles, but got pad wear purposes I went with standard this time. Thanks to all that chimed in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72