Asessing the impact of speed bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BazLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove my car behind my wife's LR3 this morning since I was taking the same route and she was dropping off the kids to school. I have noticed that she does not :mad: slow down on any of the speed bumps (there are about 20 of them before exiting to the main street). Granted, one does not feel them as bad one would when driving in the short wheelbase 4x4 that I run, but darn, it looks painful.

What long term effect will this have on the car's suspension/components if any, and is it something I can have the dealer look at or parts replace under warranty as a result of these driving habits.

I called her on the cell asking her to slow down, she insisted that she was, funny how those brake lights malfunction when one questions their driving :stupid:

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20 speed bumps is alot on a daily drive. I always slow down in my LR just as if I was driving my Honda s2000. I think it just good practice. My wife doesn't slow down either:hmpf:, just replaced the springs and shocks in her 2005 MB c230:mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo