Audible Lock Tone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

srfgeek

Is there a setting for this? I have been digging around the manual to see if I could add an audible beep when I lock the car as I walk away - but no luck.

T

toddjb123

To each his own I guess. I'm unbelieveably happy that the LR3 does not have a beep everytime I lock it! If you can't find out how to make it beep, you know that you can always just look back and see if the lights flash when you hit the lock button again. If a door is left open it'll honk at you...which is very helpful. Now, if I could only get it to automatically close the sunroof and windows when I lock it...THAT would be nice!

A

Amir

toddjb123, does it suppose to close the sunroof and windows automatically when you lock the vehicle?

F

Freeflytim

No. Not like a BMW. The remote does not move the windows or sunroof.

If you want the horn to 'toot' when you lock the doors with the remote your dealer, err, centre, can turn that 'feature' on.

T

toddjb123

Amir said:
toddjb123, does it suppose to close the sunroof and windows automatically when you lock the vehicle?

No, it isn't supposed to. But, I wish I had the option to turn that on. Granted, sometimes I'd want to leave things open, but more often the vehicle is closed up when I lock it and I don't like to have to sit in there with my finger on the sunroof button, waiting....

D

DJJeffT

Freeflytim said:
If you want the horn to 'toot' when you lock the doors with the remote your dealer, err, centre, can turn that 'feature' on.

Can anyone here confirm that you were able to get this accomplished at your dealer? My dealer is saying that this cannot be done.

Thanks

Jeff

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only confirmation to successful locking is the turn signals flashing 3 times.

I don't think it's possible for your service department to program it to honk on lock. If you've left a door ajar (a "mislock"), the horn will honk 100ms when you attempt to lock... and it won't blink the turn signals. That's the only honk.

D

DJJeffT

Thats what the dealer said, but FreeFlyTim had stated that it was possible and he has quite a few posts, so I thought it may be possible.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Jeff

M

mbennettbrown

It doesn't look like this was ever resolved? My fiance and I just purchased a beautiful HSE LR3 and live in a 'nice' neighborhood, although we did have a car stolen (later recovered) before. We miss the 'beep' our other cars have had.

Any ideas?

MBB

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get used to it. Either watch for the lights for confirmation, or anally press lock multiple times as you walk away. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM