Audible Lock Tone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

DJJeffT

grommet said:
You get used to it. Either watch for the lights for confirmation, or anally press lock multiple times as you walk away. :smile:

When you anally press lock multiple times, doesnt that DE-activate the motion sensor inside or something like that?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are no motion detectors in North America. (Nor is there "Superlocking.")

But you are correct, in most "other markets"... pressing lock twice will lock the vehicle without Superlocking/motion sensors, if equipped. Not sure what happens on the 3rd, 4th, etc... probably nothing.

M

Michael

mbennettbrown said:
It doesn't look like this was ever resolved? My fiance and I just purchased a beautiful HSE LR3 and live in a 'nice' neighborhood, although we did have a car stolen (later recovered) before. We miss the 'beep' our other cars have had.

Any ideas?

MBB

You say you live in a "nice neighborhood"???

Courteous, well mannered people of class in nice neighborhoods don't have their alarm horns honking and beeping for all the other neighbors to listen to everytime they get out of their car. This one is right up there on the irritation scale (unless you live on 50 acres). If Land Rover didn't put this feature in, then kudos to them, and/or maybe there is no demand from the well healed. The lights work just fine for every car I've owned. :creep:

The other thing to consider is, if someone is stealing your horn honking/beeping car, the neighbors certainly aren't going to be motivated to call the cops if they see someone is stealing it. They'll be glad to see it gone. :hello:

Michael

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM