Auto shifter light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O

Ocelator

I'm trying to replcae the P-R-N-D-1-2-3 shifter light on a '95 D1, not sure how to get to it - anyone had this one?

thx

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to remove the center console. There are two lights under there, and the bulb is a funny-looking thing probably not available through most vendors.

I pulled both out when one burned out, and don't even miss it.

N

NHESS81

To gain access to the bulbs...first, ok that gray thing around the shifter console (the rubber mat goes UNDER it, trying to describe and it is difficult but you probably know what I am talking about), anyway, go to the front of the gray surround and with a screw driver pry it forward gently-we all know how fun it is to have plastic pieces break- and slid the front edge up, then you can move the whole surround back and it will be out. The blubs are in white holders on either side of the shift lever, you will see it its fairly obvious. Get a new bulb, should be found in any auto part carrying store--i even found it at walmart, yikes hate going there, just go to the little computer terminal and look at land rover light bulb replacements, you will find it, if not you can try and ask a worker lol, pretty sure its just a small lil 12w bulb, hold it up to the packages if you have to, but its not 'dealer' obtained say like the clock blulb ERR--, and plug er in! Then, the gray surround goes on just how you took it off but reversed, slide the rear in first, then pull the front forward and put it in its two holds at the front of the shift lever assembly.

Hope this helps you, btw, this is how its on my 97 disco, I highly doubt the procedure is any different on yours...

The image should help out

Attachments

• Discovery_knobs2.JPG
    Discovery_knobs2.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by a moderator:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Also NHESS81 just so you know I got the clock bulb at Napa for less than a $1.00 took more time to take the clock out then it did to go into Napa a match the bulb up.

Nico

Reaction score
Changing the bulb on the shifter was easy thanx to this thread. Thanx guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink