automatic stuck in gear won't shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leaky98

Reaction score
not only is my range rover burning water (i think i have that fixed) but now it will not shift. i don't mean from park to reverse or drive to reverse but when you put it in drive it will not shift. it is kinda sluggish like it is stuck in second gear. it is doing this in high and low. also the sport/manual button will no longer illuminate. it goes into reverse, park, neutral, and drive. i can't shift it manually and it won't shift on its own. Any ideas? Please.

Disco Squared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO--It sounds like you're in "Limp Home" mode. I think most limp home malfunctions are electronic or computer related. You could look at the basics like fluid level and fuses, but my best guess is this is a professional mechanic level repair.

leaky98

Reaction score
thanks i was hoping for something cheaper than that. it did for one run let me shift it manually. i went down the street and back. by the time i got home i went from park to reverse and drive a few times then it went back to the one gear only in drive no matter where the shifter was placed in fwd gears.

leaky98

Reaction score
is there a way to reset the computer or clear out the faults? it is showing a gearbox fault.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72