bad circuit or ecu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Benny1

Reaction score
I,ve had problems with rich fuel, engine dieing, rough running and my 96 disco running like junk. Last night we hooked it up to an obd2 and scanned for codes. the coes I got back were in order of

1. p0118 engine coolant temp circuit high input

2. p0125 closed loop fuel ctrl insufficient coolant temp

3. p0113 IAT snsor 1 circuit high input

4. p0183 fuel temperature sensor A circuit high input

5. p0340 camshaft position sensor A bank 1 circuit malfunction

6. p1607 manufacturers control auxliary inputs auxilary outputs

7. p0103 maf or vaf circuit high input

My freind who is a mechanic though he is not real familiar with land rovers got on to the all data diy and we found wiring diagrams for the truck from looking at those we've kind of concluded that all the bad sensor errors were coming off of one circuit the wiring diagrams that circuit is labeled as s150 on the diagram. my guess is its either this wire is shorted out or the ecu is bad. If it's not the wire and the ecu is bad can I just purchase a new one and install it in my truck or does it need to be reprogrammed for my truck ? and if anyone knows anything about this wiring and or the error codes any info would be greatly appreciated!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boy, what a can of worms.
I am not sure where to even start looking.
Stay away from the cam sensor, they rarely ever fail, get the coolant temp issue resolved so you can get to closed loop and then see what still shows up.

Benny1

Reaction score
Boy, what a can of worms.
I am not sure where to even start looking.
Stay away from the cam sensor, they rarely ever fail, get the coolant temp issue resolved so you can get to closed loop and then see what still shows up.

Hey mike I dont know if I'm overposting or not but I have ben having a nightmare with this truck! I know thats a heck of alot of error codes but is it possible that these are due to a short in the wiring from the ecu to all these sensors? I know the cam one sounds serious but I believe all these sensors are on the same circuit? Do you know what the term high circuit means. The engine actually sounds great when it warms up or I'm giving it gas. Do you know what manufacturers auxilary input auxilary output means and is it possible that the ecu's messed up? I'm just trying to find the easiest solution to this problem. I just cant imagine tha al these things could really be messed up ause other than that this truck is good shape. Any info would really help And sorry if I'm botherin you. My freind thinks its either a wiring problem or the ecu o think were on the right track? Thanks for all the other suggestions you've provided!!!

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Benny, did you EVER download the rave cd?

If you look in workshop manual, fuel system - sfi, descriotion/operation, you can scroll down the pages & they'll tell you about the sensors, what they do, what happens when they fail.

The fact you state you went to a DIY site for the diagrams leads me to believe your not even looking in the LR shop manuals.

luck,greg

Benny1

Reaction score
Benny, did you EVER download the rave cd?

If you look in workshop manual, fuel system - sfi, descriotion/operation, you can scroll down the pages & they'll tell you about the sensors, what they do, what happens when they fail.

The fact you state you went to a DIY site for the diagrams leads me to believe your not even looking in the LR shop manuals.

luck,greg
Hey Greg I've never heard of this rave cd. Where can I find one? I dont have an LR manual either. I tried to pic up a chilton manual for landrover at both the local checker autoparts and autozone and both places told me they dont make one for land rover and that my only option was to look on the all data site. All of the sensors I,m experiencing problems with are coming off the same lead circuit the other gazillion sensors that come off different circuits are ok so I am assuming there is some type of short somewhere or bad connector or that that specific area of the ecu is damaged. I could be wrong but I cant imagine that there is problems with all these engine componants. Thanks for the response any ideas are helpful!!

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in my signature section for a link for the Rave download.
Is it a short, I don't think so and testing the different sensors is what needs to be done.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the "Rave cd" is the FREE complete repair manual from Land Rover in PDF form.

You can print certain pages to reference while working on your truck.

Mike and I have links to it at the bottom of our signatures.

Be sure to download the large 590mb file, as it has the latest info including the overhaul manuals.

luck,greg

Benny1

Reaction score
Look in my signature section for a link for the Rave download.
Is it a short, I don't think so and testing the different sensors is what needs to be done.
Thanks a bunch for the info Mike I'm sure a manual will help a bunch!!

Benny1

Reaction score
the "Rave cd" is the FREE complete repair manual from Land Rover in PDF form.

You can print certain pages to reference while working on your truck.

Mike and I have links to it at the bottom of our signatures.

Be sure to download the large 590mb file, as it has the latest info including the overhaul manuals.

luck,greg

Thanks Greg!! I really appreciate it!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge