BECM or Driver's door issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmatteson001

Reaction score
First, I apologize if this has been covered somewhere else (I searched, but couldn't find what I was looking for):

I have a 2005 Range Rover HSE, and recently the driver's side door seems to fail to interact with the rest of the vehicle. Specifically:

- Door will not unlock/lock with the rest of the doors (from remote or button on dash)
- Window controls on driver's door will not operate any windows (driver's included)
- Mirror controls work for driver's mirror, but not passenger mirror
- Air suspension button on driver's door does not work

This happened for a few days, then everything was fine. Now it is a problem again.

Anyone have thoughts? Loose wires, BECM reset needed, etc.? Any thoughts?

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like either a water ingress issue, or corrosion...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Not that hard to get drivers door panel off, not as fun to look inside once your there, but if you have a mirror you will be fine.

tmatteson001

Reaction score
Odd. Last night I noticed the bolts that hold on the wire cover between the door and the door jam were loose (which may be the source of water????). I tightened them, and now the air suspension button on the door works. Odd. I didn't have time to take door panels off last night to look at it. Not too excited about the possibility of water or corrosion.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
loose bolt could have been a ground.

tmatteson001

Reaction score
I doubt it, because window buttons and controls to passenger side mirror still don't work. I think I am going to have to take it in.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Take it in... I hope you don't mean to the dealership... please no.....

Find a good Mechanic that you trust... someone that doesn't charge $100+ an hour.

Unless you have an extended warranty.

Where are you located, maybe I can help find a good mechanic.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635