Being in Access Mode for extended periods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd drive it like that....not for that distance. Curious, is it the switch or what? Is it LOCKED in Access Height or can you drive it ~20mph and see if it raises automatically? If it does, pull the EAS fuses and it will stay at Normal Height.

Reaction score
@Houm_WA
Thanks for the quick response. I haven't driven it yet it's in Elmira and i'll have to go see and try it. that's the problem. I want to drive it home to avoid shipping cost.
I'll definitely let you know.
How far do you think i could drive it in access mode at moderate speed?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not very far....there is not much travel in the suspension when it's in Access Height.

Reaction score
@Houm_WA
I just found out from the seller that the emergency break light is on but the break is not engaged. they say the issue started one day when they were out and parked the truck and it didn't come back up from access mode.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd check the brake lights in the back, the tail lights and also the brake switch.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air suspension and parking brake problems? combined with the fact that it sounds like the current owner didn't care enough to fix those (serious) issues, run from that car. who knows what other routine maintenance they skimped on.

The air suspension starts around $500 to repair, for the cheapest of component replacements. This can easily creep close to $3000 for (quality)parts and labor of struts and compressor.

The parking brake is almost $1000 part, and another $1000 labor. Most people don't find this to be a DIY repair since every component that needs to be removed to access the parking brake module is rusted in place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72