Best alternative to the LR IPod connectivity kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't respond because I wouldn't consider my installation a simple process.

But I have my Ipod touch mounted in my center console box (where the phone connector was) and hard-wired in the car to my aux input. I have other items involved as well (line driver that boosts the aux level input to match cd level for the harmon kardon speakers, a touch screen monitor that actually controls my ipod, xm radio, navigation rear view camera and movies.

It depends how you are wanting to control your ipod. The dealer installed option allows it to be controlled throught the stereo...my install allows me to connect aftermarket items and control through one source.

I will try and upload pics tonight...having trouble uploading pics while on my blackberry here.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most simple solution and least expensive is to connect the iPod via Belkin cable to the aux input (below). I've had this setup for 5 years, no problems.

An iPod will not deliver "cd quality sound", however. The head unit also supports MP3 on CD. Another low cost option, and nothing install.

There are more elaborate options on the links you have posted, but the price will go up accordingly.

STD1_F8V7058xAPL-BLK.jpg

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't respond because I wouldn't consider my installation a simple process.

But I have my Ipod touch mounted in my center console box (where the phone connector was) and hard-wired in the car to my aux input. I have other items involved as well (line driver that boosts the aux level input to match cd level for the harmon kardon speakers, a touch screen monitor that actually controls my ipod, xm radio, navigation rear view camera and movies.

It depends how you are wanting to control your ipod. The dealer installed option allows it to be controlled throught the stereo...my install allows me to connect aftermarket items and control through one source.

I will try and upload pics tonight...having trouble uploading pics while on my blackberry here.

Thanks! I think you're set up is the direction I'm trying to go. The headphone cable in to the aux port simply isn't cutting it. I's also like to direct connect my XM radio.

Thanks again

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The most simple solution and least expensive is to connect the iPod via Belkin cable to the aux input (below). I've had this setup for 5 years, no problems.

An iPod will not deliver "cd quality sound", however. The head unit also supports MP3 on CD. Another low cost option, and nothing install.

There are more elaborate options on the links you have posted, but the price will go up accordingly.

STD1_F8V7058xAPL-BLK.jpg

Thanks Jack,

I have that setup currently, but it's just not doing my music any justice. I hadn't thought of burning cd's, it's a good idea, but I fear I'm too lazy to do so, AND I really don't want to carry around 100 cd's.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a connector from this company: http://www.usaspec.com/

Plugs into the back of the headunit, charges and plays simultaneously...although it did not charge my 3GS iPhone, only the 1st gen. They might have updated the cable by now....?

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nathan,

Their site no longer shows the LR3 as being available. I sent an email to ask. We'll see...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo