Best insurance for a Land Rover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

js1985

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2011 LR4 from a friend of mine

It's still sitting in my driveway undriven as I've yet to get insurance for the thing.

Motortrend claims it's gonna cost me around $1700/year to insure this thing. Is that what you guys are paying?

Which company, in your opinion, is the best?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO many factors in this equation!

Your Age, Location, # of claims in the past, etc. These factors can vary prices wildly!

Just pick up the phone and call around. Most places will do quotes over the phone or even online.

js1985

Reaction score
yeah, i expected that... any suggestions as to which sites to use to compare quotes? i hear http://www.4autoinsurancequote.com advertising on the radio here all the time for $20/month liability coverage but don't know if its legit

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If only insurance companies would advertise, then you could actually find one or remember the names of them and maybe even be able to search for them on the web and call or visit the websites to get a quote.

oh wait.

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Companies like Progressive and Geico have features that allow you to compare prices. Buying direct from a company like Geico, Progressive, Liberty Mutual will save you a few bucks, but make sure you have a local office in the event of claims. Finding one that can insure your home, life, and auto can also save you some money by putting these all together, and if you have the need, umbrella policies are a good idea as well. A good agent/rep will advise you and not oversell you.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was with Travelers for my other vehicles.
They quoted me $2,400/year for my 2010 LR4.

I called a few places (online quotes as well). Progressive was $1,800/6 months.

Called Geico... Now paying $920/year with slightly better coverage.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have GEICO as well, $1700/year, includes 7-year mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI - GEICO's version of extended warranty). I deliberately opted for higher liability coverage, 4-5x the minimum required for my state. A more expensive vehicle I think is a target for money-grabbing lawsuits.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have GEICO as well, $1700/year, includes 7-year mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI - GEICO's version of extended warranty). I deliberately opted for higher liability coverage, 4-5x the minimum required for my state. A more expensive vehicle I think is a target for money-grabbing lawsuits.

Same type of coverage for me (no MBI). No matter the vehicle, it's always better to have maximum coverage.

Last edited:

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i pay $167 a month on 2010 lr4 lux and 2010 Vw passatt wagon. $1,000 deductible full coverage. I am 29 with no major Claims. State farm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM