Better gas mileage?..help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N

nfamusrcr

I'm a new to this site, as I just bought an, 04 Disco. It is very ****. I'm going to use it priimarily for daily driving (except for those weekend offroad excursions) and wanted to see if there were any mods out there that would help increase the gas mileage.

I'm more familiar with the go fast mods for sports cars.
I know intake and exhaust would help gas mileage. But how much for the Disco? Is the cost worth the benefit? What brands? K&N, Advanced Engineering, Borla...Any thoughts? Recommendations?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Nick

A

ayavner

Uhh... this might have been a good "research before you buy" thing? :) Yeah, mileage on these sucks.. i posted recently that i got 14mpg, and everyone wanted to know my secret. Anyway, despite my habits, i try to drive it like a retiree and i seem to get in the high 14's. I have heard you get a bit of a break with a K&N filter, synthetic oil, and keeping up with the injector cleaner additive. No exp with the systems, but i highly doubt its worth the price.. might get an extra 2mpg for a $1500 exhaust system.

Welcome to the group, congrats on the ride!!

Adam

C

campbell

I found a way to increase gas mileage in the Land Rover Disco 2 is to buy a Honda Civic, or Accord, and let the D2 sit. While parked, the D2 still only gets 20MPG. :biggrin:

A

ayavner

Haha, took awhile, but i figured you would be the one to pick it up Sergei. :)

"he has a wife, you know...."

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam - i actually been trying to hold :) I figured it out right away. Btw do you know that few years ago you werent able to get that tape anywhere in Houston? My friend been looking for a while and then i got it in Chicago in very first blockbuster i stepped in.

"Bless thee cheese makers", you see.. :)

A

ayavner

Doesn't surprise me.. however, i live in Dallas, and was able to get it at Target on dvd for $7.. go figure...

big Blackadder fan too!

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adam - you dont have such a strong baptist church in Dallas as in Houston.. Plus you got it recently - its all swiftly changed about 2 yrs ago for some reason.

How about this one: :)
"A satisfied customer. We should have him stuffed"

Last edited:
A

ayavner

Ehh... wasn't too long ago we couldn't buy hammers or nails on a Sunday... anyway... you got me stumped on that one, refresh my mem.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard about hummers and nails :)

Its John Cleese as Basil Fawlty. Fawlty Towers :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72