Beware of the Air Conditioning when ordering a new Discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a post on another LR forum about someone in the Southwest that took delivery of a new Discovery with 3-zone AC and it is inadequate. He runs it on "low" all the time and he is still too hot.

I took a closer look at the new Discovery and he is correct. No more center console vents for the second row, no more ceiling vents. Just 2 small vents on each b-pillar. Zero vents for the third row. My dog wouldn't be happy about that.

I guess you need to order the 4-zone AC to get more vents. Too bad it's bundled with crap that I don't want like massage seats and a metallic windshield that will jam my radar detector.

BronkoZ

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for letting us know. To be honest I had no idea of this problem and I'm just going to lease a new discovery on next month, so I'll be wary of this. Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:

WatchMark

Reaction score
We had a 2017 Discovery and the second/third row AC was adequate at best. We moved into a 2018 Discovery with the 7-seat lux climate package, which adds ceiling vents for the second and third row. With this package, the AC for rear passengers is great. This package also includes ventilated seats for the second row, heated seats for the third row, and massaging seats for driver and passenger.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72