Black beauty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. . .put the picture of that monster next to the "super ****" mobile that was on the boards last week and tell me which one is a sweeter looking ride.

J

jwc3

I have a black-on-black LR3, but I don't like this one. I think it's the black wheels that turn me off.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jptruck said:
Wow. . .put the picture of that monster next to the "super ****" mobile that was on the boards last week and tell me which one is a sweeter looking ride.
I'm with you jptruck ............ I guess it's different strokes for different folks :wink: I just spent lots of hard earned $$$$ for some underbody protection that I may never need, but ***. It seems that the LR3 is somewhat of an enigma ( right word ??) in that it can be set up as better off road than what it is OR pimped out ( because of the LUX SUV status ) to mall rocket status.

I'm sure it's heart is off road and NOT to be dressed up with nowhere to go !!

Cheers
John

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get the underbody protection? Can you provide a link? Photos? Cost? etc...

thanks in advance.

BTW, where are you located?

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods said:
Where did you get the underbody protection? Can you provide a link? Photos? Cost? etc...

thanks in advance.

BTW, where are you located?
Here you go Sir I got the underbumper, underbody and gearbox guards + front /rear lamp guards (rear are aluminum ..front people friendly plastic) Great service too. HTH

Cheers
John in NE Ohio

Edit :great site you have sir will check out for sure :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JohnKel said:
Here you go Sir I got the underbumper, underbody and gearbox guards + front /rear lamp guards (rear are aluminum ..front people friendly plastic) Great service too. HTH

Cheers
John in NE Ohio
"Here I go"...ah, I don't understand? Where do I go?

Last edited by a moderator:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah. Brittish Pacific! Yes, I actually have a front under bumper skid plate on order, has been out of stock for a while, or so I'm told.

Did you have to remove the factory "under body protection" skid plates and radiator guards to put on these new ones? Are they significantly beefier? I'm having a hard time spending $1100 (+/-) to replace items that are already on my car....

I would love to get more info on the "sill protectors", but no one has them installed, BP doesn't have them in stock, and I can't find a decent photo of them anywhere! All I really want to know is if you can use a Hi Lift on the sill protectors, and how do they connect.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nwoods said:
Ah. Brittish Pacific! Yes, I actually have a front under bumper skid plate on order, has been out of stock for a while, or so I'm told.

Did you have to remove the factory "under body protection" skid plates and radiator guards to put on these new ones? Are they significantly beefier? I'm having a hard time spending $1100 (+/-) to replace items that are already on my car....
nwoods; I haven't installed mine yet but, you do replace the factory plates with these that are ~1/4 in thick aluminum plate and look like they protect more area than the stock ones. The radiator guards are a signifacant improvement in that they are cast aluminum (at least 1/4 in thick) . BP sent me a set by mistake that I'm returning ( more than my budget will handle for now) ....sux to be honest:smile: IMHO the under bumper skid plate is more than worth the $$$....replaces the plasic LR pos and allows acess to the front recovery point. If you just ordered one they may be out....otherwise check back .

I'll try to get some pics of the plates and then before/after installation if you want.... HTH

Cheers
John

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635