Black beauty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timgco

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Nwoods. Sweet ride BTW!

As for the spare tire, ever here of Gobi before? They make roof racks for the HUMMERS and FJ's. My freinds own the biz. Very tough racks!

If I can make the deal on the LR3, we'll be making them for the LR3's too... I hope. www.gobiusa.com

My plan for an HSE:

ARB bumper/ winch, SE PC'd rims w/ nittos, rock rails (if made) UC sliders (if made) roof rack, custom rear bumper (I may have an outlet for that already int he works. Hi lift mount for rack, axe shovel mount for rack, PIAA lights on front and rear of rack and ARB bumper (520's for bumper, 1500XT's for the rack).

Now I just need the truck. :) Anyone need a built 06 H2?

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kaymar of Australia makes a steel rear bumper with tire carrier and jerry can holder for the LR3, but it's pretty expensive. Is your "in the works" source also Kaymar or someone in the USA?

No one makes sliders....yet. Though heavy gauge alumimum "Sill Protectors" are available from Brittish Pacific, as well as underbody skids.

FrontRunner and Hannable, both from South Africa, make nice racks, and RoverAccessories has a basket rack, and are working (very slowly) on mod'ing their H3 rack for the LR3.

What do you mean by SE rims, from a Disco II? They will not fit according to everyone I've talked to about it.

Timgco

Reaction score
I plan on swapping out the 19" HSE rims and using the 18" SE rims from an 06 LR3. I talked to Mike (Sales Manager at a different dealer- American Fork LR) today about the "black beauty" and the 20 others they made like this. He confirmed the swap of rims and tires work great and they have wheeled them with very minor rubbing.

USA made sliders, rear bumper, and roof rack. (all custom)

The source is not the ones you mentioned but a local shop here in Denver Colorado and GOBI for te roof rack.

If I can get the salesman to take care of me on getting rid of the H2 in the next week or so, I could have this all done by the end of July. I have to sell or trade this H2 before I can pull the trigger on the HSE and mods. I hope he can make it work.

I saw the ALuminum sliders and underbody skids. They look great and look to fit very well!!!! I like them, but would prefer something a little thicker guage or PC'd steel guards and sliders. The sliders will be fairly easy to have made in a day.

When/ if I can get this truck, I'll do a complete writeup on the build for those that are interested.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Timgco said:
USA made sliders, rear bumper, and roof rack. (all custom)
The source is not the ones you mentioned but a local shop here in Denver Colorado and GOBI for the roof rack.
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rockware out in CO. Springs?[/font]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635