Black LR3... scratch concerns at car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate all car wash establishments - brushless, touchless etc., especially on black cars/trucks.

Brushless - I've washed the gentleman take the sheepskin mitt and go all the way down to the sidesteps and all the way back-up - repeat without rinsing the mitt. Hence, all that dirt from the lower part of the truck is now in the mitt and putting swirl marks in the paint. Meaning, I now have to spend 2-3 hours with an ROP correcting their mistake, because I wanted to save 15 minutes washing the truck (with 30 minutes drive time).

I also had all the back paints bleached-off of a brand new set of StopTech brake calipers from the insanely strong wheel cleaner they use. Granted it was a cheap paint job on the calipers, and StopTech has since upgraded, but I'm sure this is why my current RRS's calipers are bleached white from the prior owners neglect/indifference.

Touchless - say good bye to that layer of Carnuba.

Last edited:

Earing2008

Reaction score
Charles123,

If your concerned enough to write a post then you've already got your answer. :) Avoid the "brushed" carwashes because at the very least they're a gamble. I personally go to a nice brushless down the street and mix in bucket washing when the bugs get bad enough. If you've got OEM brakes you'll find yourself with a bucket washing your wheels more often than you would probably like anyhow!

My first post! Proud to be part of the Land Rover family. :biggrin:
Just bought a fully loaded 2009 LR3 HSE, Black.
I just love this vehicle.

My concern is scratches. Anyone experience problems at the car wash?
I know Black shows more scratches...
Do you hand wash or is the car wash safe?

Thanks everyone!
Charlie

Rix92x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Car Wash? ? ?

My black truck looks so much more comfortable when I leave her dirty
It hides the pinstriping from random tree branches and bushes on the trail.

Just enjoy the truck and wash it however best meets your needs

I run it through the occasional normal car wash without incident.

Enjoy the truck!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635