Black Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

milr359

Reaction score
I noticed several LR3 owners on this site have black rims. Are these powder coated factory rims, or aftermarket? I am interested in doing the same to my silver 06. Thanks.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get them powdercoated it is relativly cheap and will hold up.

strike_anywhere

Reaction score
Any Decent Links W/ Directions On This? Or Would You Recommend Going Anywhere Specific? I'd Like To Do This At Some Point And Don't Want To Screw My Wheels Up Or Have Them Look Ghetto.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any local powder coating shop should be able to do it. Some shops have more colors to choose form. Some shops have access to wheel mounting/balancing equipment, others require bare wheels. call around. should be about $100-$150 to coat bare wheels.

Im having my skid plate done today. Im also thinking of doing the wheels coated in "black chrome". Looks like a match to the intake grille and should hide the brake dust a little better. OR, go full matte black. Not sure.

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any local powder coating shop should be able to do it. Some shops have more colors to choose form. Some shops have access to wheel mounting/balancing equipment, others require bare wheels. call around. should be about $100-$150 to coat bare wheels.

Im having my skid plate done today. Im also thinking of doing the wheels coated in "black chrome". Looks like a match to the intake grille and should hide the brake dust a little better. OR, go full matte black. Not sure.

Post a pic when you're done. I too, have been looking at a black rim option.

Last edited:

chauez

Reaction score
Did you ever get the wheels black chromed? If you did, have any pics?

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet (damm economy). Definitely the next time the rubber gets replaced.

Millerman

Reaction score
I have a friend that works at a company called M.C. Laser Werks. They do powder coating as well as cutting and other things. I have had them do a bit of work for me in the past. Safari racks, skids, sliders and have been really happy with the results. I'm 90% sure I wanna do my wheels in black but would like to see some examples. If anybody has pics of a white LR3 fitted with black wheels I would love to see them.

Cheers

Dan

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members