Blue tooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickwest

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a 2005 Land Rover LR3 at an auction and was hoping someone could tell me if bluetooth was available on the 2005 SE. If so is the button located on the steering wheel? Second question is where is the home link buttons located? I would appreciate any assistance that can be provided.

L

lr3junkie

I am planning on buying a 2005 Land Rover LR3 at an auction and was hoping someone could tell me if bluetooth was available on the 2005 SE. If so is the button located on the steering wheel? Second question is where is the home link buttons located? I would appreciate any assistance that can be provided.

Bluetooth is located on the right of the steering wheel. Homelink is on the rearview mirror.

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BT (Land Rover calls it PTI) was available very late MY2005 from the factory. The accessory kit can probably be retrofit.

BELLROVER

Reaction score
Land rover is very picky about blue tooth phones. make sure you pick the right phone that is compatiable with your vehicle. the dealer has bulletins they can give you to ensure optimal performance. if you don't pick the recommended phone, really bad things can happen. such as loosing radio volume and navigation screen lock up with no customer control. even viruses can be downloaded off the phone into the vehicles causing even worse problems.

MAUDETTE

Reaction score

for the 2005 LR3 HSE you need two units:
1- VUB501152 Install Kit which includes a new button assy for the steering wheel
2- LR006279, Voice Module for the phone system.

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put one in my car. You have to get the buttons and all those parts listed above.

I installed mine, but found out the dealer has to connect a computer to it to actually enable it. So, either way, it's going to have to be in the dealer, but you can for sure save on the installation.

MAUDETTE

Reaction score
I'm going to use the dealer to install it. they are charging me $210 Canadian. Not too bad and if anything goes wrong its their responsibility. I'm also going to buy the 2 component needed from them. they are charging me $500 each... ouch, but I haven't found anything much cheaper then that anywhere else.
I will let you know how it goes.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't worry so much about the list of "approved" phones. If all you want is hands free bluetooth, pretty much all of them will work. It's when you try to sync the address book to the car's system that you run into problems. I have a Blackberry with way too many contacts in it, so I just have that part turned off. It's a glorified bluetooth headset is all. Works great.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge