Bluetooth Auto Connect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchase

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 and a Blackberry Bold. Both phones will not automatically connect when I get in my car. I always carry both phones but I will only leave one bluetooth on so it does not get confused.... What am I doing wrong? I am getting so sick of manually connecting. Also when I first bought the car it would auto-connect flawlessly.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an issue with my past Bold switchin back and forth driving me crazy. Since then the dealer replace the bluetooth module after I fought it with them under warranty. It fixed the issue including loading contacts which it didnt do at first and my iphone4 works flawlessly.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does this too. It will auto connect the last phone that was connected - but to swap with another phone requires a manual "connect" - my guess is this is by design?

I've got a LR4 bluetooth module on the way - hopefully this will make a difference. I'll let you know.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a problem connecting my HTC EVO to our LR3. When I scan for devices it locates LAND ROVER. I punch in the code 2121 and..... ..... ..... nothing. The phone continuously says pairing with device. And that's it. Am I missing something important?

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that happen with my 2008 LR3 and my Verizon "Brigade" phone. Some phones are supported by LR and some are not. If the phone isn't supported for your model/year/software load then you'll continue to get that pairing issue.
In my case I used my old Verizon "G-Shock" phone, an earlier model of my "Brigade", and the linking worked. However, it doesn't load my address book into the car's data bank. I've also had problems recently with my Blackberry linking to my LR3, but that may be because my Blackberry is a 2010-11 model and the LR3's phone software doesn't recognize it. Haven't tried to work it out much since I already have a phone paired with my LR3.
One thing I do get from listeners on the other end is that there is a strong echo on the line when someone is talking. That makes it awkward to hear and follow a conversation.

Earing2008

Reaction score
I'm told my 08 LR3 does not have bluetooth but rather that 'hard' connection under the armrest for Nokia's and something else (crazy idea in retrospect). I was also informed that I can purchase a module that allows bluetooth to be used with the handsfree features of the vehicle. Does anyone know how the cost of this module? Is it plug n' play so anyone can install it?

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was quoted $875 when the dealer ended up replacing mine under warranty. Do you not have the phone controls on your steering wheel on the right hand side behind your audio controls? If you have that nokia module in the armrest I would think you have the bluetooth module.

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and I dont use mine at all bc people complain when Im driving 75mph on the freeway which is 75% of my driving (noise from wind, wipers or rain on the glass top can make it sound weird on the other end). To me its def not worth spending $800 for, many aftermarket units out now cheaper.

Earing2008

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I do have the phone controls on the steering wheel but I haven't had any luck trying to pair a phone with it. I know the salesman origionally told me the controls were only for the one or two phones that physically connected with the armrest but then again, he's a salesman, always has an answer. I'll check my manual once more and ask next time I go to the dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo