bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheeler

Reaction score
You're one step ahead of me, Chris. Have you already tried the AirEnabler?

I guess it's basically like booting up an Airport Express every time you start your car and waiting for your iPhone to join that WiFi network. Yuck. Some people might hot wire the AirEnabler to remain powered 24/7 though I don't know if that would be a significant/detrimental phantom drain on the battery. My vehicle is parked ten feet from my living space and I could also see my iPhone remaining on the car SSID rather than hopping over to my home's WiFi with high speed internet, etc.

I, myself, love the Kinivo setup but don't like that music streaming breaks after the first time I make or receive a phone call thru LAND ROVER Bluetooth. I have to reboot Kinivo after every phone call to go back to music. Until the next phone call, repeat, ad nauseum.

I often connect a Lightning cable to my iPhone 6+ during long drives anyway, just for charging. I am considering using an Apple Lightning AV Adapter and breaking the audio out of the HDMI and directing it to the Land Rover AUX input minijack. That would give me power charging and pretty decent sound from a single cable connection.

(I'm also wondering whether I could break composite video out of the Lightning adapter to feed to an auxiliary video input from my NAV-TV GVIF RR, but that's food for a separate thread!)

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, wheeler-- I just re-read my last note and it did sound like I was currently using the AirEnabler. What I meant was that based on my research I wasn't loving that bootup time, etc.

I experienced the same thing as you with the Kinivo music connection breaking when calls came in, so I disconnected from the LR BT and use Kinivo for everything (calls and music streaming) and it works fine. But of course you lose the display showing caller info and ability to dial via onscreeen keypad, etc. For this reason I am now intrigued by your Lightning cable hack idea and will stay tuned for more info on that!

ThinkDima

Reaction score
In other words, the suggestions of the above post may be your best option.

Sounds like you (and all the others) might be right...
i'll look into the Kinivo based on how everyone seems to like it...

Thanks all! :beer:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM