Bolt on swing away tire mount done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally guys the bolt on mount is done! Easy to install and a new latch system that is both easy to open and complies with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 206 in primary and secondary latch positions, OEM Quality... 100% bolt on with grade 8 hardware. I put a gusset on the striker bolt so no worries of it coming loose and damaging your tailgate. Still using the original carrier arm and I am in the process of building another. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_6292.jpg
    IMG_6292.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_6297.jpg
    IMG_6297.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_6308.jpg
    IMG_6308.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_6312.jpg
    IMG_6312.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 321

tomasesto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks Great

Finally guys the bolt on mount is done! Easy to install and a new latch system that is both easy to open and complies with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 206 in primary and secondary latch positions, OEM Quality... 100% bolt on with grade 8 hardware. I put a gusset on the striker bolt so no worries of it coming loose and damaging your tailgate. Still using the original carrier arm and I am in the process of building another. Let me know what you think!

I just happened on this thread and am wondering if you will be making the kit available for sale in CA and how much?

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just happened on this thread and am wondering if you will be making the kit available for sale in CA and how much?

I would be happy to ship it to CA. The introductory price is 700.00 Shipped.

Thanks Paul

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much if I just drive up to Fayetteville? Do you give military discounts? ;) hahahah

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Im working on something similar for my rig and have a question about the pivot point. Im not trying to sell anything or mass produce, I am just making one for myself. It looks like you used an axle bearing/tube setup from a trailer or something, I tried a couple but know only a bearing setup will really hold. What did you use? thanks.

05lr3guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***Update***

The stop has been completed and is in the procees of being machined. With this stop the carrier will be able to lock in two different positions when opened. The first position will be close to 90 degrees out and the next will be a around 160 degrees. If you had to open the carrier and you were parked on an incline you wont have to worry about the carrier swnging back into the tailgate or around and smash the tail light. There is also a redundant stop after the 160 degree spot , just in case. When the carrier is in the closed position, no matter how hard you slam it will not touch the tailgate.

***UPDATE***

I have the stop back from the shop and am ready to weld it on...I am getting so close now. Once I test this stop I am doing a run of 10 to test the waters. I will let everybody know when I start the run of ten.
2005 LR3 HSE, i-expedition swing away tire carrier, lift rods...
i-expedition.com

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4