Book time on a tensioner pulley/belt replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Grant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey gang -
Rover is in the shop d/t a whine with one of its pulleys and they diagnosed it as the tensioner pulley. From the dealer this is a 90 something dollar part along with the belt which is about 50. They said it might be the entire assembly but wont know until they get it off.

The car is sold - Im doing this as a good gesture before selling it. What do you guys guess is an honest amount of labor time to replace this pulley and throw a new belt on?

Thanks in advance - I loved the Discovery but my insurance is ridiculous and I couldnt justify spending that much money a month to drive something I really dont need. I will be back in one again - but Ill have a better job that will allow more flexibility...Thanks for everyones help along the way - It was an enjoyable 5 months of ownership.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Honest amount, or what the book states.... acual replace time would be less than 30 minutes....

Book time:

86.10 ALTERNATOR &CONTROL UNIT
86.10.02 Alternator -renew ..................................................00.45
86.10.03 Drive belt -alternator -renew ....................................00.25
86.10.04 Pulley -alternator -renew ..........................................00.30
86.10.08 Alternator -overhaul .................................................01.10
86.10.09 Automatic tensioner -alternator drive belt -renew ..........00.25
86.10.23 Jockey pulley -alternator drive belt -renew ...................00.35

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo