Borla Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discoskc

Is it just me or is the Borla exhaust loud, even in the cabin? Is that by design? It sounds like the cabin of a 10 seater puddle-jumper aircraft.

It will surely take some getting used to. Though it surely seems to flow much better than my 10 year old exhaust that it replaced.

SKC
----------
95 Disco
68K miles

D

disco1

Yes the exhaust is louder, and because it's suddenly there, you are not used to it. After a week or so you won't notice it anymore.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats when you starting to get cabin soundproof.. Yes its louder than stock. A lot. Reported by many borla's users - not only Roverites.

On other hand - it will grow on you, like wart that you first finding disgusting and then it appears to add some character... :)

I have edelbrock exhaust that on low rpms at start would resonate to point where you feel your bones going numb... But then it grows silent. I kind of like it - freaks out all the idiots who likes to stop bumper-to-bumper on lights :)

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A wart with character, eh, Sergei? :biggrin:

You think a Borla's loud, try a glasspack muffler without the resonator! :biggrin:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Andy... its not eye candy or ear candy.. Thats for sure. But hey - its getting me over from point A to B, and it goes like tank - finally all issues with starting/running blah blah - solved... I just had to brace myself for like first few months when exhaust was installed - was sooooo willing to cut it out and swap back. ..

Hey i dont have resonator either :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM