Brake hose banjo bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddyone

Land Rover Sales Consultant
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what a brake hose banjo bolt is, or what it looks like?
On another note, who names theses parts?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but the banjo bolt is the bolt that holds the hose to the caliper, it has a hole through it so fluid can still pass when it is tight.

Who names them... now that would be a very funny thread..

Muddyone

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Joey. So i have changed the brake fluid, put on one new rear caliper, and new pads and rotors all the way round, but i hear a slight ticking when i am driving now, any clue as to what would cause this. Do you think it might be the brakes setting in or...?
99 DII with 100K

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Ticking could be a bad CV joint... they do go bad. Also have you changed the front drive shaft?

Keep in mind the front shaft does not have a greasable U-joint, and when it does go bad it will take out the transmission as well...

Muddyone

Reaction score
Wow sounds expensive, ive never changed the drive shaft. But ive only heard the noise since i have changed the brakes. Also the rear pads do not look like they are wiping the whole rotor surface, they seem to be leaving a small area at the bottom. I will take a photo and upload it tomorrow if I can. I have ebc dimpled rotors/pads, and wondered if yours did this?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would have to look, Haven't had a chance to look the rover over since I got back from Vacation. But I have the EBC's as well.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
sorry, forgot about this between work and my personally business....

I will try to look as soon as the rain stops...

It may even flood here before morning.... that will be fun, since I have to drive to Charleston Tonight for work....

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
sorry for the delay on this, I just had a chance to look. Both my front and rear brakes are wearing the same, they look normal and not like the picture of your rear brakes.

F

fbrems

You changed all the pads and rotors, there is not much you can do more, unless the pistons are not equally pressing the brake pad to the rotor but that is not common and I never heard about it. The ticking sound, well as it only appeared after the brake job, I assume that one of the pads is slightly touching the rotor while in motion as it is free in the brake claw when piston is not pressurized. I do not see a major issue here and suggest to observe it for a while.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4