Brake line upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

campbell

Has anyone just upgrade the brake lines? If so, was a noticeable gain...well...noticed?
I am wanting to replace the stock brake lines on my 99 D2 with the stainless brake lines from Rovertym. I will eventually replace the rotors and pads, but at this time those are OK. I am looking for better response. I am tired of double pumping the brakes to get them to firm up. I am hoping the stainless lines will fix the double pump problem.

Thanks

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got Paragon ones and there has been no improvement in braking to speak about, but they are:
a) longer ( and i have 3" lift)
b) not leaking (and old ones started to give up a bit )

A

ayavner

havne't done this on the Rova, but i did it on my ducati bike (when i had it) - put stainless braided lines on - and it did make a difference. also, have you changed out your brake fluid?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Got that lovely half-synth (or is it full synth) Castol GTX recommended thing.. Drove it to shop to do pressure flush & etc after got all lines in place. But remember - i got bigger tires. Its not like i am looking to be spot on. I am comparing my braking on Rover with braking on X, and its not favorable to Rover. I am stopping about as good as Grand Cherokee now :) Its just that X got insanely good braking system.

C

campbell

No I haven't done a fluid flush. I spoke to the guy that does my brake work and he said he would be glad to do the fluid flush and put stainless lines on. Runs about $45 for the flush + fluid. The lines are $22/piece (probably just do the front right now). Total should be around $100 when all is said and done. I don't think that is too bad. I'm not looking to have the truck stop on a dime either, but a more responsive braking system would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

ayavner

i think that will do it then. would be interested to see your results, as i am in the same boat.

C

campbell

I will let you know...
I was just going to do the flush, but I have been wanting to do the stainless lines for some time. I figured it's as good a time as any to do both.

C

campbell

Rovertym is closed today 10/1/2004. I am going to go ahead and do the brake flush tomorrow morning and see if that helps. I will do the lines later next week, depending on supply and shipping from Rovertym.

D

discomike

Beau,
On my 99 D2 I do a gravity flush every 20,000 miles to help keep a firm pedal and I use synthetic brake fluid, really makes a difference. I also installed Rovertym's brake lines, which makes some difference more so when being used alot. I believe that as the older rubber brake hoses heat up they expand and cause a soft feel, the stainless won't.
Try and find some of Vavolines synthetic brake fluid, it is a better way to go. Then when you really want to get crazy go to DBA rotors and kevlar brake pads, now you are really stopping.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo