Breaks squeal while in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have this loud squeal from the brakes when I reverse. Quite embarrassing for 60k new car!
:confused:
Anyone has that? I am trying not to go into the dealer for it because I superstitious that once I go in their I will be back again and again.

tmgeneral

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have this loud squeal from the brakes when I reverse. Quite embarrassing for 60k new car!
Anyone has that? I am trying not to go into the dealer for it because I superstitious that once I go in their I will be back again and again.

Mine has that too and its a week old. To be fair, my Cadillac CTS had it as well when it was new. I just chalk it up to new brakes that need to be broken in. I probably wouldnt worry about it unless it lasts more than a month.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Hasn't happened in my LR but same thing happened with my Lexus and previous Audi S4. Usually goes away in. A Few days or weeks.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had noticed some slight squealing the first few days but I'm in agreement with previous posts about it just being new. My fiance's Q5 had this as well and it has since gone away and driving great. I would give it a couple more weeks and see if it doesn't go away.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 1300 miles on mine but it is still there. Time to take it in or still wait?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 1300 miles on mine but it is still there. Time to take it in or still wait?

Wait until you hit 5000 miles. If the noise is still there then take it in. Wouldn't hurt to call the service dept and let them know. See what they say.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never did have any noise from my brakes. Not when new or now with 11k.

I sure wish the brake dust would dissappear.

Rob

vnetla

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with the squealing brakes while in reverse. My sport has been back to the dealership 4 times since last month at which time I had all new brake pads and rotors done. I'm so frustrated with this because this squeal/squeak is very annoying. We pay far too much to have this work done at the dealership to have these issues.

Has your issue been resolved?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just posted a brand new TSB about this on rangerovers.net's RRS forum, it also applies to the LR4. Note that, although the range of VINs in the TSB refers to MY2011s and later, the bulletin goes on to say that any that MY2010s fitted with cast iron rear calipers (as opposed to aluminum, both RRS and LR4 could be fitted with either types, no rhyme or reason) may also be affected: Linky: http://rangerovers.net/forum/download/file.php?id=7452

PS: Somewhat related, but it is also possible that the wrong pads may have been erroneously fitted on the rear brakes by a service shop, since aluminum and iron calipers use slightly different ones. See: http://rangerovers.net/forum/download/file.php?id=5205

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
9ineballer