Bumper guard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

land crzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I need your help, my lovely wife has been swayed by the group of female that she volunteers with to add a front guard to our LR3.
She likes the factory soft rubber one.
Any opinions 4 considering another do to quality of materials.
Is it a hard install?
Does the front bumper need to come off.

2005 SE without front parking distance sensors.

Thanks,

Jon

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...are you talking about the A-frame brush bar?

I think there's got to be some metal under that nylon....how else can they mount offroad lights to it?

BTW, I have it...and although it's 80% aesthetic, I love it. Really depends on what you're doing with your rig. An ARB (or other) bullbar would be better for offroading purposes. Suffice it to say that when I bought my LR3 I didn't know how much I'd be wheelin' it.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
convince her to go with the new rovertym bumper with brush guard

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The A-bar is an aesthetic option that might provide some minor degree of protection from an errant shopping cart or something. It's an easy install from what I understand, but I have not personally done one. You can save some money by buying them online and not from your dealer. Other than not having a heavy duty bumper installed like the ARB/RoverTyme/SafariGard, there is no downside to having one, so why not?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cummins