Bushing Replacement - Front/Rear bottom or all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Determined during my recent service that it was time to get the bushings replaced on my LR3. I was wondering what people have had done to their LR3's who've needed this? Did you just get the front/rear lower bushings replaced or did you do the whole upper/lower set?

I figure that after 75k miles I may as well get the job done properly but obviously I don't want to throw money at the project unless there's a definite benefit.

Right now I'm looking at getting the following all replaced:
RBX500311/RBX500291 Front/rear lower bushings
RDI000034/RYG000440/FX116056 Bolts & Nuts

Thoughts or experiences?

phurley

Reaction score
If the upper bushings aren't worn, then replacing them is a waste. More importantly, if the lower bushings are worn, likely too are the lower ball joints.

The ball joints were recently redesigned (released 6mo. ago). Not sure if the drama has subsided as initially the new parts were not available for purchase, only through warranty replacement.

Part #s RBK500030 & RBK500040 superceded by RBK500230 & RBK500240, for the upper and lower ball joints respectively.

I point this out because it may be that you still need to specify these replacement parts, rather than the original part.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

Good to know about the ball joint issue - what the heck are you supposed to if you're out of warranty if the new parts are still only available for warranty repairs then? (I'm obviously not worthy enough for LR if that's still the case! :frown:).

phurley

Reaction score
I think the initial difficulty with the new replacement parts had to do with their very limited availability which may have passed, and might not be an issue any longer.

GrahamWelland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True . Time passes ....

I may just get this all costed out in case. I was a little surprised that my LR franchise dealer didn't hold stock of the parts actually.

Trynian

Reaction score
If the upper bushings aren't worn, then replacing them is a waste. More importantly, if the lower bushings are worn, likely too are the lower ball joints.

The ball joints were recently redesigned (released 6mo. ago). Not sure if the drama has subsided as initially the new parts were not available for purchase, only through warranty replacement.

Part #s RBK500030 & RBK500040 superceded by RBK500230 & RBK500240, for the upper and lower ball joints respectively.

I point this out because it may be that you still need to specify these replacement parts, rather than the original part.

Anyone have difficulty getting warranty replacement? I have 33k on mine and they are starting to knock quite a bit on bumps like a regular sidewwalk curb cut.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9