Camp-trailer-tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back to the camping thing again, since it seems too hard to set up in the back end, atleast comfortably, does anyone use a little off-road trailer, or even a camper? I know that Discos are strong enough to tow, but does anyone actually use theirs to tow things around (also, are there any regular parts stores that carry the towing light adapter)... I am just weighing my options before I just buy a new tent and just sleep on the ground.

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... did you ever get a trailer/camper then?
Also did your disco come with a trailer light adapter... I can't find an adapter to work for most american trailer light set ups, without ordering one.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ColeCam said:
did you ever get a trailer/camper then?
I ended up not getting one, but decided to rent one a few times to see if we would end up enjoying it.

ColeCam said:
did your disco come with a trailer light adapter
It did not come with an adapter. I had a trailer brake controller box installed, as well as a 7-way plug. It works great but was not real cheap (I decided to not go cheap with anything involving brakes).

ColeCam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree on not going cheap on brakes... I have had bad experiences with old cattle trailers and mountains... But whatever I would pull with the LR would be very light weight. I have a truck for heavy stuff... I haul quite a bit. I may end up just having someone rewire the euro-plug to a standard 4 wire....it actually might be cheaper than the adapter.
Just out of curiousity...where do you rent campers from?

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few places in my area that offer travel trailer rentals (western US - Utah). The one we have liked is Access RV (www.accessrv.com), the trailers and motor homes they offer for rental are new almost every year; they sale last year's inventory at the end of each season to buy new inventory.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635