Camping in/around TN?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Me and the Fiance are thinking about going out this coming weekend and would like to find something more interesting than the standard "car camping" where you just pull in to a spot in the middle of a hundred other people.
We're in Nashville so we can get anywhere in TN or even up to KY or down to AL. Anybody got some suggestions for places we could go that would let us put the LR3 to use to get out someplace a little more reserved? We love to hike and aren't afraid of a little adventure...so if you've got some suggestions-let's hear them!
Thanks!
-Ryan

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
find a good place ryan. we are moving to nashville in a month. maybe we'll have to get our LR3s and misses out together as well. have fun!
-cbrett

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Sweet! Looks like a lot of ground to cover. Any spot in particular you like?

KyRover

Reaction score
Sweet! Looks like a lot of ground to cover. Any spot in particular you like?

I've only been there twice and both were just for the day, She Who Must Be Obeyed liked picking any of the roads that ended up on either lake and then just walking along the shore, so I don't have any favorite camping areas. My son used to go camping there while he was at Murray State but I don't think he had any favorite area. The roads can vary from paved to 4x4 only or if you really want to play you can go to the off-road area at Turkey Bay. Have fun.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Check out the "Show off your LR3" thread for the full story on what happened this weekend.
It was a good one to say the least. Thanks for the recommendation! And CB, when you get to Nashville this is definitely a fun place to go.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks nice! we cannot wait to get the heck out of dallas...one big slab of concrete littered with douchery.

KyRover

Reaction score
Glad you had a good time. You've got to watch out for some of those puddles, had to pull my son's jeep out of one of those.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4