Can I turn off Parking Warning Sensors w/ IID Tool?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. Shouldn't the rear parking aid switch off when our trailer is hitched up and plugged into the 7-pin socket?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) that the dealer needs to program it that way after the towing electrics kit is installed.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope I can do it with IIDTool. I thought someone also said the Tow Package included the proper coding. In our second week of ownership now and time to begin learning IID. (I am fairly good with VCDS after 9 years). Just wondering...should I just do email with GAP or post here for wisdom?

EricGAPDiag

Reaction score
I'm confused. Shouldn't the rear parking aid switch off when our trailer is hitched up and plugged into the 7-pin socket?

Yes

I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) that the dealer needs to program it that way after the towing electrics kit is installed.

Your right

Hope I can do it with IIDTool. I thought someone also said the Tow Package included the proper coding. In our second week of ownership now and time to begin learning IID. (I am fairly good with VCDS after 9 years). Just wondering...should I just do email with GAP or post here for wisdom?

Also yes IIDTool can do that

IDTool Menu->Car Config->BCM->

- Tow bar -> Yes
- Trailer module -> select the correct one
- Trailer stability assist -> Yes (will only work if surround cam are fitted)
- Trailer towing ball -> Fitted

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, the number of trailer modules choices is astounding. It was on 13 position (whatever that is) but 7-pin USA seems correct so that was the only change. As I was poking around there were several "undefined" settings like driver and passenger seats. Had to look on our window sticker to find we have 8 position. And the three faults displayed on my initial scan just disappeared. (There was one B102B-87 about a passive key and two U0102-00 where it could not find the transfer case I don't have). A really great tool has already paid for itself!

Nashville

Reaction score
Just added :wink:

We just finished modifying firmware to add this feature to LR4 2014 and 2015.

We've sent you an email with instructions which explain how to proceed.

Until the next release, if anyone needs this feature, just contact us directly

Best Regard

Ce fut un plaisir :proud:
Hi Eric, I'm Ashley Bishop and I have the same issue with my rear parking sensor. Would you please send me an email or phone number so I may contact you?

EricGAPDiag

Reaction score
Hi Eric, I'm Ashley Bishop and I have the same issue with my rear parking sensor. Would you please send me an email or phone number so I may contact you?

Hi Ashley

Yes sure, gapteam at gap-diagnostic dot com

Thanks

Eric

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ashley. I have a 2014 LR4. I was able to disable all the parking sensors but not only the rear ones. Blind Spot sensors still work as do the cross-traffic warnings. It works great for me as I often use a trailer hitch bike rack. Obviously, I no longer have parking sensors which has not been an issue for me.

Paul M

Reaction score
Ashley. I have a 2014 LR4. I was able to disable all the parking sensors but not only the rear ones. Blind Spot sensors still work as do the cross-traffic warnings. It works great for me as I often use a trailer hitch bike rack. Obviously, I no longer have parking sensors which has not been an issue for me.

where in the menu is the one to disable the parking sensors?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72