Cat Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Will I have to have the ECU reset? I think I read that Mellisa had to get her 98' reset when she replaced the cat.
Hey Thomas this is Melissa. No I did not have to have the ECU reset after the cats. I had to have the ECU Re-Mapped after the fuel pump install (ie re-setting the adaptations). Sounds like its a bad 02 sensors to me. I would change the 02 Sensor clear the codes and go from there. Or just clear the codes and see if it comes back. Good Luck! Melissa N

V

vandermeulen

Thanks, for some reason I had it in my head you had probs with Cat and RPM's (I know, Iknow-it's a LR - who can count the problems).

I've had the thing for about 4 months now, I've reset the codes several times for the exact same codes. (wanna guess why I now own a code reader?). I guess it's coming into winter up here and I just want to get the thing fixed. I was thinking I would try the O2's first then go from there.

Ever had any vibration problems? Mine still shakes at 70mph!

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The vibration discussion is a new thread entitled "Vibration Question."

For the record, and because I almost completely botched the thread split, here is Thomas' original question:

Thomas said:
This may be a 2 parter':

96' 4.0L SE7 - I need to place the passenger side cat converter, all intentions to do it this week or next, with a generic (non-stock) unit. Will I have to have the ECU reset? I think I read that Mellisa had to get her 98' reset when she replaced the cat.

Also, I've been getting codes:

P0430 Generic Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 2)

P0150 Generic O2 Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 1)

Is there any possiblity that the O2 sensor (which is on same cat that I'm replacing) is throwing a code because the cat isn't functioning properly and is it possible then that the O2 sensor may be alright? or vice versa - maybe the O2 sensor is malfuntioning and I don't need to replace the cat (yet!).

The reason I bring this up is because I've had the cat tested (emmisions) and they say it's fine, but I've had the Disco on the testbook (local shop) and it does show the O2 on that side flatlining on the readout.

Any comments? Might I be way off base?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9